Spinal Stenosis: The Symptoms and Underlying Causes
Your spine comprises a series of vertebrae and shock-absorbing discs that protect your spinal cord. They reduce the risk of any injury to the cord.However, when the spinal canal narrows down, sometimes due to excess calcium deposits, the spinal cord sometimes impinges on the spinal column, and this causes spasms of pain that can be quite intense. This condition is referred to as spinal stenosis.
Lumbar spinal stenosis usually targets adults above 50 years old. The problem usually arises due to injury.
Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis
Let’s take a look at the prevalent signs and symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis:
- Tingling sensations in your arms, fingers, leg, foot or lower back
- Weakness in the limbs
- Sudden loss of balance while walking or running
- Severe neck pain
- Muscle cramps in legs when you stand or walk for longer time periods
- Back pain
- Loss of bladder control
Causes of Spinal Stenosis
Here are the major causes of spinal stenosis:
- Spinal Injury –In case of any injury to your spine, the vertebrae can compress the spinal canal
- Disk Herniation –Due to cracks in the disc’s exterior, the soft cushions may escape and press on the spinal cord and nerves
- Cancerous Tumors –The growth of tumors in the spinal cord can also narrow the canal
Although there’s no permanent cure for this medical condition as for now, it’s possible to treat its symptoms and reduce pain via therapy and exercises.
Spinal stenosis usually leads to severe back pain and neck pain. Therefore, you can use pain reliever medication.
However, if you want to get rid of its symptoms for good, you should opt for Qi Tui Na massage.It can relieve you of severe pain and assist in a quick recovery. Due to a narrowing of the space in the spinal column, it is imperative that the spinal cord be positioned in such way that it stops impinging on the spinal column. Using Qi Tui Na to circulate the Qi and then performing “The Manufacturer’s Reset” is a surefire way to re-align the spinal cord to stop it coming into contact with your spinal column, hence no more pain.
To be precise, spinal stenosis is a serious medical condition that can ruin your physical health. Doctors can diagnose the condition via MRI scans.
You may be interested to know Stomach Wind.